There’s an artist check in taking place on July 29th. Nothing super complex, but there will be a Google form link emailed to all of you so that you can tell us how things are going.
If you need to talk to us before then, please do send us an ask or email us.
Image by iamjustgod
Characters: Dean, Sam
Word Count: 116
Disclaimer: I write for love only. Characters belong to Kripke/CW
A/N: written for the DEW challenge, Sam + news/newsflash/news reader, and the SPN100 prompt, cross.
“. . . third bizarre death at Hefner’s Playboy Mansion . . .”
Sam paused his research to absorb the latest details from CNN.
“Anything?” Dean asked.
“Yes, the victims all connect to a model who died in the seventies. Could be a spirit. But how would we get in there?”
“You could pass as a model.”
Sam sighed, mildly aggravated, but Dean needed to work harder.
“You’d look real sexy in a bikini.”
“With floppy ears, and the tail, you’d be smokin’!”
Sam’s annoyance mounted, seeing where this was going. “Don’t!” he warned.
“Then you’d be – ”
“Don’t say it.”
“You know you want me to.”
Dean grinned triumphantly. “A hot, cross bunny!”
A quick reminder: assignments are due Monday 31 July at 23:59 UTC! That's a little over one week from now. View the countdown here.
There are no outstanding pinch hits (recent defaults following the last pinch hit post have involved double-assigned recipients). I'll post any more on the community as any defaults come in.
To post your assignment: navigate to your AO3 dashboard, select Sign-ups in the menu on the left, locate your Rare Male Slash Exchange assignment and click Fulfill. That will take you to a posting page that should have all of your recipient's details and the exchange name pre-selected.
To post a treat: navigate to the Rare Male Slash Exchange AO3 page here and click the Post to Collection button in the top right corner. You will need to add your treat recipient's name in the field marked "Gift this work to" - just be sure it's the right username!
To default: that's absolutely fine - sometimes that happens! Just navigate to your AO3 dashboard, select Sign-ups, locate your Rare Male Slash Exchange assignment and click Default. I can then find a pinch-hitter for your recipient.
I hope your assignments are going well! If you have any questions about the exchange, please feel free to ask. You can either comment on this post (anon is on), or email email@example.com. If you have questions for your recipient, please email me.
Please read these rules as well as the information before signing up.
• Sign ups will be open for the duration of this round.
• You must be a member of Dreamwidth and a member of the community.
• Please do not post your icons to this post. Please make your own post and submit it to the community.
• No claim can be chosen more than two times.
• Posting is moderated, once your post is submitted please await approval. If your post has not yet been approved within 48 hours please contact me or comment here.
Although I do it a lot. Mainly because I'll re-read the comment or think about what I posted and go, frak. I did not mean to say THAT. I meant to say THIS. But someone will totally think THAT. What to do? DELETE! DELETE!
OR, damn, that didn't come out as well as I thought it did. Note to self, sugar warps the brain.
Also, who makes Bakewell Tarts? I've rarely seen them and never had one. I've had marzipan tarts. But not with that horrid icing on top. Seriously. Everyone knows how to bake or should know how to bake a Bakewell tart? Maybe if you are British and in your 70s.
But I adore this show. And it made me cry this week...Val is such a lovely lady. She said she just bakes with love. And does it to share her love with others. And she's always so upbeat regardless of how well she does. Not that competitive and brings others up.
2. fannish about television -- alas, I'm not really. Nothing is really grabbing me. And the one show that did...got cancelled and didn't have enough episodes. Also...I think when you binge the entirety of a series at once, as opposed to watching it as it airs...the whole fannish bit melts away faster?
I've tried with Doctor Who. But it has so many problems. That said, it may turn around for me...I rather liked a good portion of this season. Much better than the previous season. And I did like the River Song arc. So, the change in Doctors or new Doctor may change my take on it and make it more interesting for me, while simultaneously getting rid of the things that irritated me about the series and kept me from investing in it on an emotional level. Don't know. This season was certainly better than last.
The trailer to the Christmas episode is quite brilliant.
3. Will -- uneven so far, but the play writing bits still fascinate. How Alice convinces him to adapt plays from books or borrow ideas from others, as opposed to coming up with his own. In a way his talent lay more in adaptation that in coming up with new and clever ideas. Also, love how it shows the collaborative nature of the work, and how much Alice influenced him and in a way co-wrote The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
4. Broadchurch -- the third season is better than the second, which I couldn't get into and found unwatchable. So far, I've found compelling despite the subject matter. What works is we have a normal, not beautiful, somewhat ordinary, older woman sexually assaulted. Usually in these shows, it's a pretty young girl, who is model pretty. Or a lead character. Here, it's a new character and I think that works better. Also they don't show the assault or fetish it, which helps. Too many shows fetish it.
Jodi Whittaker, who plays Beth Latimer in the series, I've been watching closely, curious to know what she'll do with Doctor Who. She seems a bit earnest. So don't know. But then that is the role of Beth Latimer. I can't remember her in Venus. I'm pretty certain I saw it, but the movie clearly wasn't memorable. I sort of wish Olivia Coleman had gotten the role. I rather like Coleman, she does world-weariness well.
I have to admit I can't understand half of what Tennant says. His accent is thick. And he mumbles. Same problem with a good portion of the actors. Latimer, I can at least understand. She enouciates and doesn't mumble. That was actually my difficulty with Tennant as Who, I couldn't understand half of what he said. He speaks fast and mumbles.
I keep putting on the close-captioning. In Broachurch, I rewind and sort of guess. Do however love what Tennant does with his face. Now if he'd just not mumble, it would be great.
5. It was either edit this post or write a new one...The Mary Sue keeps posting rather cool things to look forward to in the pop culture world. Such as
* Thor Rorganork, which has a great villain in Cate Blanchett's the Goddess of Death. Except I thought Doctor Strange was supposed to be in it. Don't see him in the trailer.
But the film looks like a lot of fun, with a buddy team up of Thor and Hulk.
*The Star Wars episode 8 trailer looks phenomenal.
* So too does the trailer for "The Gifted" which wonders what would it be like to be born a mutant in a world where the X-men and the Brotherhood may not even exist any longer? Focuses on lesser seen and known mutants such as Lorna Dane (Polaris), Thunderbird (John Proudstar, the Native American mutant), Eclispe, and Blink. Also stars Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer as humans.
* And..the Black Widow trailer. I didn't know they were doing a Black Widow film. It looks official not fan made.
* Apparently Marty McFly is coming back to save us from the Doofus in 2016-17. Will he succeed? Yes, there's a Back to the Future IV coming out. The mind boggles.
* They have actually adapted a film from one of my all time favorite children's books, A Wrinkle in Time -- which appears to have a good cast. And the trailer looks brilliant, unlike A Bridge Over Terribetha, which was a weak film.
* There's some concern over "The Defender's" which may focus a bit too much on Iron Fist, because of The Hand being the principle villain. I don't know about that...the Hand is actually also the main villain in Daredevil. I think Daredevil will be the center of it. Which is as it should be.
* They are apparently doing a film version of Cloak and Dagger, which I think are from the DC verse. Not sure about it.
* The Inhumans could be interesting...it's focusing on Medusa and Black Bolt, from the 1980s comics. Looks a little cheesy though.
Interesting, a lot of the comic adaptations and book adaptations, with a few exceptions, seem to be from the 1980s...which I rather love. Apparently my generation has some nostalgia for the 80s?
* Apparently Ben Affleck had a falling out with the new Batman director, so they are kicked Affleck to the curb...after that movie is done. Which..hmmm...how does that work with Justice League and other films in the franchise, exactly? Won't people notice a recast? Speculation is that Nightwing aka Dick Grayson will take over. Considering I liked Grayson in the comics and the 60s television series, I'm okay with that. Also he had a more interesting back story -- child of two acrobats, who were killed in a circus accident. So, a trained acrobat. Also, with Nightwing, you could potentially do a romance between him and Batgirl. (I've grown weary of Batman, finally. He's been over done. Superman has too, but not as badly as Batman.)
* And oh dear, I really need to catch up on The Expanse, don't I? They already have the third season trailer out.
- Schedule: The exchange will be running a few weeks earlier this year, with nominations starting July 26
- Visible Requests: Requests will be visible during sign-ups. This will allow participants to check they are matchable if they want to request and offer only smaller fandoms, and also allow treaters to start writing sooner.
- Default Penalty: There is a partial new mod amnesty for defaulters. Participants who defaulted after the deadline, defaulted after an extension, or submitted a placeholder in 2016 will continue to have to sit out this round before signing up again. Participants who have defaulted multiple years in a row will have to complete a treat from a previous year’s requests before signing up for this year’s round, or sit out a round, counting from 2016 onwards. That means that if you defaulted last year and it was a second default for you you can still participate this year. Anyone who defaulted last year and also defaults this year will need to complete a treat or sit out a year.
- Exchange 101 and Tumblr: In last year’s wrap-up post, several people requested an “Exchange 101” post for people new to AO3 exchanges; that will be up within the week. More of a Tumblr presence was also suggested, and we’ll be more active on Tumblr this round. If you have any suggestions for tags to post to or communities to signal-boost Tumblr announcements, please let us know!
There was also some interest in adding vids as a medium this round, but as neither I nor shopfront have any vid exchange experience we are currently focusing on getting up to speed with how things currently run. . We’re both very excited to expand the mediums allowed in the exchange and hope to include vids from next year.
An updated rules post will be up soon. That post will have the schedule as well, but here is the 2017 schedule:
26 July-10 August: Nomination Period
13-23 August:: Signups open
26 August: Assignments will be sent out by this date
7 October: Fanworks due
13 October: Archive goes live (or as soon as everyone has a gift)
21 October: Creators revealed
Setting: Several years post-Chosen, no comics
Word Count: Approx 9,500
Warnings: Mild kink, explicit sex (you know the drill…)
A/N: The continuing saga of the PWP that ran away and developed some semblance of a plot.
Thank you very much to dragonyphoenix, who was kind enough to swap posting days with me after my catastrophic technical failure last week.
It's an AO3 only link today (apologies), as DW is buggering around with formatting. Urgh.
These are the concluding chapters (3 and 4) of Part IV in the Sanctuary Series. You can find the other parts of this series linked below.
PART I – Sanctuary
PART II – Anchor
PART III – Confluence
PART IV - Labyrinth (chp. 1+2)
Dating is a minefield. And that’s just when you’re single, nevermind in a definitely-not-a-relationship with a man who might technically be your boss.
If Buffy were a betting woman, she’d put money on Giles being jealous. But she isn’t, and he’s definitely not.